Monday, February 06, 2012

One Love!

Another Legend in the music scene will mark his 68th birthday on February 6, 2012. Robert Nesta Marley or Famously known as Bob Marley Was a Jamaican singer-songwriter musician. He is famous for his reggae music which was influenced by the social issues in his homeland, Jamaica. He also helped spread the Jamaican music and the rastafari movement. Through his music, He expressed his love for God, Advocacy for Peace, Freedom, and Humanity. Being a Descendant of an Afro-American (his mother) and White-Jamaican with English Descent (his father), He once Reflected:
I don't have prejudice against meself. My father was a white and my mother was black. Them call me half-caste or whatever. Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side nor the white man's side. Me dip on God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white.
His best known hits include "One Love" , "I shot the Sheriff", "No woman no cry", "Stir it Up", "redemption song", "Three Little Birds", and Many More. Bob Marley Died on May 11, 1981 at the age of 36 years old.

As My Personal Tribute, I would like to share My kids and I's Favorite Lullabye Rendition of Bob Marley song from Rockabye Baby! Enjoy! and Happy Birthday Bob!




I personally made this vector image in Adobe illustrator. Its not that perfect but its the thought that counts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment