Saturday, June 18, 2011

Different Fathers

I never knew how to be a father but i have seen how great a father's love is. There are three fathers that i have in my life. First is my Biological Father. I never knew him since i was born. I never had seen him, or talked to him. I've never met him. But still, im grateful that he had been an instrument of god that brought me here into this world. I would never have seen and lived this beautiful life if not because of him. Somehow, im looking forward to the day i would finally meet him.

Second was my Father. He was the one who provided me everything. But i never had the chance to grow up with him. He was working far away. Because of that, we have never grown close to each other. We never had the chance to talk about things that a father and daughter should talk about. And i knew why he never had the effort to reach out to me. That's because i was not his own child. He wanted his own. The one he could build strong father and daughter or son bonds. The one he could teach anything that he have learned. The one he would have been proud of. The one he truly loved. I knew it all. Because he had told someone. and that someone told me.

Third is my husband. He became a father unexpectedly. He was never ready to be a father when he have learned that he was going to be a father. But when our first child was born, he embraced full responsibility of being a father. Though it was very hard especially if you dont have a good paying job, he managed to find ways to provide anything that our child needs. And aside from that, he was the best baby sitter. He knows how to handle the baby when taking a bath. He knows how to change diapers. He knows how to change the baby's clothes. He knows how to mix our baby's formula milk and what the right temperature is. He Sings a lullabye when putting our baby to sleep (i wonder how the kids could stand their father's voice c: ).  He does the laundry every weekend. He feed the baby when hungry. He hush the baby when crying. He knows everything about child care. And most of all, he loves our children. For four years of being a dad, he have done this to all our three children. He wants to be a "hands-on dad" as he often told me. And now, he've done the hardest part of being a father: working abroad for our kid's future. He provides everything that our children needed. Especially when our eldest son was submitted to the surgery, i was very thankful he was there to provide everything. But it was never easy for him to go to the other side of the world to work. He misses me and the kids so much. He misses playing with the kids. He misses the things that he do for the kids. But he have to do it for the sake of the kids. 

This world is filled with different fathers. And for every child, his or her dad is the best dad in the world. But what makes all the fathers the same? It is their Love. Every father loves his children so much. He could sacrifice everything just to give his children a better life. I never appreciated my father until I became a parent. Until i have met the best Father in my life. My kid's father. My husband.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO MY TWO DADS, AND TO THE GREATEST DAD IN THE WORLD.THE FATHER OF MY LOVELY KIDS.


My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard.  Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass."  "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply.  "We're raising boys."  ~Harmon Killebrew

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.  ~Bill Cosby

A father carries pictures where his money used to be.  ~Author Unknown

Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown.  ~Author Unknown


Ephesians 6:4 
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment